Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Fast and Easy Eating

Because my schedule can be very hectic and my day starts very early, I have a tendency to “drink” breakfast which consists of organic coconut and almond milk, a quality whey protein (Dream Protein) and some essential fatty acids. There are times however when I can sit down like a human being and actually enjoy a meal I can chew so when that opportunity arises, I want to take advantage of it. Keeping in mind that I want to eat something healthy, convenient and have a feeling of satiety, my wife came up with the following recipe idea for me. She took organic brown rice and in following the directions, used organic light coconut milk instead of the required amount water and added a bit of Stevia as a sweetener. This provided a smoother and creamier texture as well as a good amount of flavor which brown rice by itself is usually devoid of.

Now with a sizeable amount of rice at my disposal, I can take what I want with me to eat for breakfast or even as a snack. I did add some cinnamon, extra almond milk, organic raw walnuts and a scoop of protein powder and mixed it all together for a tasty, well balanced breakfast this morning. I chose to eat it cold but you can heat it as well – just add the protein powder after it has cooled for a while.

“Train With A Purpose”

Fred Fornicola
www.premierepersonalfitness.com