Wednesday, October 17, 2007

To The Point....

The training method that I subscribe to is based on very simple, yet effective criteria: Be consistent in your efforts using safe exercises in a controlled manner through a full range of motion as well as working as hard as possible on each and every set of every exercise throughout your entire workout while training infrequently enough to allow for ample recovery!

Some who are familiar to the strength industry may say this sounds a lot like high intensity training, others may disagree – personally, I don’t care. I don't belong to any certain group or camp and I don’t subscribe to any particular dictum or have a particular dogmatic view on becoming stronger and more physically fit. I do believe that a person needs to work hard and be diligent in their pursuit but must also individualize their fitness so it becomes their own journey – no one else’s. There are many view points and opinions being flung about the Internet that state certain “rules” or “guidelines” need to met and if they’re not, you’re doing it wrong. Well, I’ll be the first to tell you that I haven’t lost a winks worth of sleep worrying about that one because I seem to break all the rules because I do whatever the hell I want, when I want, how I want and where I want – and no one can tell me otherwise. I set the rules because it’s my training, it’s my fitness, I just use the criteria I outlined as my guide. – Fred Fornicola